Thursday, April 21, 2011

My Easter Dress



Happy Easter!
This is my Easter Dress. I wish I could really wear it but it's too small at only 7" high. I thought you might like seeing one of my altered dresses as I don't usually have them with me at miniature shows. They are larger than 1" scale, but smaller than 1/6" scale.
Here's another...This is a close up of some detail on a dress called 'Ocean'.

How did we do with the Spring Tree and birdhouses? I have one more idea for you if you need or want more birdhouses for your tree.
Use one of the birdhouse designs from previous entries and cut it out of scrapbook papers in your choice of colors. These are lots of fun to make. You can color in or glue a black punched dot on the area for the bird hole. Proceed as with the others to finish.
A little wire coiled into a circle or a jewelry eye pin work great to insert in the roof center as a point for hanging.
I hope you enjoyed making the little bird houses. I'll have to think of another fun project for later.
Right now we're burning the midnight oil getting ready for the Small Scales Show in Rochester NY. Only a couple of weeks to go...

Here's a sneak peak at one of our brand new projects.Let me introduce you to 'Bunny Tails', one of our new Secret Book Kits. They're called Secret Books because when the drawer is closed they look like a little book with graphics on the spine drawer, on the front and on the back.
Papa Rabbit has taken the children on a walk so that Mama Rabbit can clean up the table which has been used for coloring eggs. The childrens' bedroom on the top floor is so cute with the matching carrot post beds and pretty pastel dresser.

We have a whole new series of Secret Book Kits - 13 to be exact, all under 2 1/2" high! And, we have furnishings for each of them. They are tiny. Some of the interior kits are 1/144" , one of the kits holds a 1/4" piece and some books contain room settings smaller than 1/144". Twelve books fit into a special bookcase with a stand to showcase the 13th. You can rotate your books for holidays and everyday.
We will have an email newsletter going out next week with ordering information. If you would like to sign up to receive our Constant Contact newsletter, please click on my website button in the side bar. The button will take you to my website, click on contact us and you can fill in your information.

Wishing everyone a very Happy Easter.
Robin

3 comments:

  1. Those look like very interesting kits. Wish I could go to the Rochester show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your dress. The Bunny Tales book is wonderful I also love all the ones on your newsletter and shall definitely be ordering everything :-) those little carrot bed posts are divine! I also really adore the fact that you are doing little books on the theme of some of the 48th scale kits - great idea.
    Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dresses are totally gorgeous!! I'm delighted to have discovered your blog thru Sandra at 'Snippets from my studio' blog who is working on the Birch Wood kit at the moment, which is really appealing.

    ReplyDelete